Where is the Eve in this title? That is my point –
Beware of the self-absorbed Adam.
There are many ways to identify a self-absorbed Adam. These include:
- the Adam, that as his first contact, sends you masses of information about himself
- the Adam that fails to ask you a single question
- the Adam that talks AT you – never pausing – never giving you space to interact
- the Adam that drives what a friend of mine calls a ‘selfish car’ – a little sports car
- that Adam that never realised his ex-partner didn’t question a single one of his suggestions
- the Adam that says “Tell me what you really want” rather than answering any of your questions.
I expect the last Adam wanted me to tell him my sexual desires. I do have sexual desires, but I’m not going to discuss them with an Adam I’ve just started chatting with. I told him I really wanted him to answer my questions. Not surprisingly I never heard from this Adam again.
Being talked at – not having questions answered – getting a response from Adam that is a page long and all about him. Not good signs……
There needs to be room for two people in a loving, successful relationship. Where Adam only thinks of himself he makes no room for Eve.
So what to do when faced with a self-absorbed Adam:
- recognise the fact and