Before I started online dating, I interviewed my friends about their experiences. Their stories included men who:
- only visited the city once a week, or
- had a new girlfriend who texted all their prior contacts to ‘stay away’.
I began to see my friends’ expectations were different to mine. My friends:
- expected Adam to pay on the first date
- wanted Adam to be a certain height
- wanted to know how much Adam earned
- met Adam’s parents without being in a sexual relationship.
I found that I could detect a suspicious Adam story from a thousand paces when I heard it from a friend. In hindsight, I also believe that I didn’t take on the content of these examples, but rather heard a single message like “You meet men” or “This is the only way to meet men”.With my research done I thought I’d give online dating a go!
Go on – give online dating a go