Before I started online dating, I interviewed my friends about their experiences. Their stories included men who:
- only visited the city once a week, or
- had a new girlfriend who texted all their prior contacts to ‘stay away’.
I began to see my friends’ expectations were different to mine. My friends:
- expected Adam to pay on the first date
- wanted Adam to be a certain height
- wanted to know how much Adam earned
- met Adam’s parents without being in a sexual relationship.
I found that I could detect a suspicious Adam story from a thousand paces when I heard it from a friend. In hindsight, I also believe that I didn’t take on the content of these examples, but rather heard a single message like “You meet men” or “This is the only way to meet men”.With my research done I thought I’d give online dating a go!
Go on – give online dating a go
5 thoughts on “Starting Out Eve”
Hi Eve, I’m from New Zealand, I haven’t had any positive experience with online or other dating for a while. not sure what to do now?? Take care.
Hi Roger the poet, wishing you all the best with your dating endeavours. Lockdowns around the world make it very challenging. Take care Eve
Thank you Eve, nothing happening on the dating scene at the moment.
I need it that’s for sure.